Happy St. Patrick's day! What St. Patrick's day means to me

 6 reasons why St. Patrick's Day is important to me!
1. Danny Boy!
My Grandpa Dan is one of the most important people in my life!  He raised me when I was a small child and has always been a huge part of my life.  He has the kindest heart out of any person I have ever met.  His love for God has been contagious to our entire family and continues to grow.  The sound of his laughter is always on the front of my mind and just the thought of him brings a smile across my entire face!  This man is 1/2 Irish and he was born on St. Patrick's day!  When he was born the song Danny Boy was on the radio so his Mother named him Danny Patrick Kelly, Can you get anymore Irish???

2. Leprechauns


This is my Grandpa's birthday cake that I made him using the bear cake pan.  If you have ever met me in person you would notice right away that I am not someone of great stature!  I am a whole whopping 4'11" tall.  I blame my ailment of being "vertically challenged" on my Irish heritage and the Leprechauns!  Ha Ha I know that isn't actually true but nevertheless it makes for a fun story.

3. Green, Green, Green! 
Green Sensory box for the month of March

My favorite 3 year old working on a Bell pepper print Shamrock with GREEN paint!

Color Mixing and GREEN Oobleck!
Well if you can't tell GREEN is my favorite color!!  It is said to have a calming effect and because I am a self diagnosed person with ADHD this may be why I LOVE the color green.  Having a holiday where everyone is required to wear green is amazing and I love it!!  :)

4. My Faith


St. Patrick was an incredible man...so incredible in fact that they named a holiday after him, imagine that!!  This man made it his quest to spread the message of  God throughout Ireland, what a wonderful legacy.

5. FOOD


Every year for St. Patrick's day we read Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss and have green eggs and ham for breakfast.  This year I saw cute rainbow pancakes on Pinterest and decided to add them to our breakfast menu.  They were very easy to make I just made colored batter and piped them out of Ziploc baggies onto the griddle.  For dinner every year we have the traditional corned beef and cabbage with Irish soda bread and Irish potatoes, I forgot to take pictures of our dinner and now it is all in our tummies!! 

6. Family

This is last on my list today but it is absolutely not least.  My faith and family are number one in my life!  St. Patrick's day is an excuse to come together as a family to eat yummy food, read stories about St. Patrick, go to parades, sing Irish songs, learn about our Irish heritage and just plain have fun.  Today was a magical day for me and I hope yours was the same!


RAchel


I am Linking up with Living Life Intentionally!



No comments:

Post a Comment